September 07, 2004
A new meaning
Love & dating...19
What do you do with the stuff that your ex-bf or ex-gf gave you during the days when you both didn't know any better?
There's this guy who courted me during Sec 1. He gave me little crafts that he made himself. I remember one was this paper heart that was weaved with ribbon. I also remember that I was extremely touched when he gave me that. He told me he learnt it from his sister. Then, we sorta stopped seeing each other, if that's possible cos we never really started seeing each other. And one spring cleaning, I must have threw that heart away. Then, I remember looking for it, thinking that I couldn't have thrown it away cos it was from the first person who actually courted me and he made such effort to make that. In the end, I remember feeling utterly disappointed with myself for being that 'heartless' then. So, I resolved that I am NOT going to throw away anything that my boyfriend gives me in future.
And I didn't. I keep all the stuff that my ex-bf gave me. Make that 2 ex-bfs. GQ would be in serious disbelief (probably disgust too) if I ever told him that the stupid paper rose he gave me on V-day is still collecting dust on my bookshelf. Maybe that can be used as a bribe someday... ahhh.... heh.
I have this box full of things that my ex gave me, including things that are only remotely associated with him. Honestly, I don't know what to do with it. I remember not wanting to throw them away cos I didn't want to experience the same kind of disappointment I did many years ago. That was why I dragged Wenn out one evening to Bugis and we got a really nice lime green cardboard box to dump all my stuff and hopefully, emotional baggage into. It's still in my bedroom, accumulating more stuff and dust.
Remember something Laifa once said, that things from the last relationship should take up space in your memories but not in your physical living space.
I think, someday, I will throw the whole thing away. Maybe keep just the cards. No. I'd probably keep the box too. It's really nice. haa...
What would she do with the things he gave? The same way she did with everything that they were. What would you do then?
Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 23:15